The Hamangia culture is connected to the Neolithisation of the Danube Delta and the Dobruja. It includes Vinca, Dudeşti and Karanovo III elements, but may be based on autochthonous hunter-gatherers. The Hamangia culture developed into the succeeding Gumelniţa, Boian and Varna cultures of the late Eneolithic without noticeable break. Painted vessels with complex geometrical patterns based on spiral-motifs are typical. The shapes include pots and wide bowls. Pottery figurines are normally extremely stylized and show standing naked faceless women with emphasized breasts and buttocks. Settlements consist of rectangular houses with one or two rooms, built of wattle and daub, sometimes with stone foundations (Durankulak). They are normally arranged on a rectangular grid and may form small tells. Settlements are located along the coast, at the coast of lakes, on the lower and middle river-terraces, sometimes in caves.
Thirty years later, in 1986 the Romanian researcher Vasile Droj presents at a symposion of the Romanian Academy an interesting discovery concerning the famous statuette. The Thinker of Hamangia unveils an extraordinary ‘synthetic’ geometry, codificated in his body through which comes out one after the other an ininterrupted cascade of impressing relations, as:
- his height in centimetres hides the only two whole numbers whose ratio gives the Greek pi with a precision of a millionth
- his height is exactly ten times less than the human one
- evident and indiscutable proofs for the presence of the decimal metric measure system
- the superior part of the Thinker geometrizated holds in itself the pyramidal archetype in a way that, superposed to the Pyramid of Cheops, it fits perfectly
- not only; but in a certain way two Thinkers (copy) combined reproduce always the pyramidal archetype by different parts of their bodies
- the Cheops Pyramid herself, in a scale of 1 : 10.000, has absolutely the measure of the Thinker
- the superior part of the statuette copies the equilateral triangle hidden in the head shape of the Sphinx in Giza
- the Thinker is conceived to be made as serial or in copies and therefor was found together with his wife (an other statuette, feminine, of the same dimensions)
- the copies of the Thinker join to each other like the reef stabilopoda of the sea, forming impressive couplings
- the simple combinations of the Thinkers reproduce the universal archetypes of the Phoenician and Greek – Latin letters
- between the Thinker and the Geto–Dacian Sanctuary of Sarmizegetusa Regia there is a close relation, in a discendent scale. The same statuette constitutes the module of collusion between the Sanctuary and the Pyramid of Cheops.
The Thinker of Hamangia, besides of the combinatorical module of pyramidal rapports, is also a key of access to the most profound mysteries of the Cheops Pyramid, as to be seen in the following article. And this is again a mystery, the Pyramid of Cheops was constructed about 2.500 BC., but the Thinker of Hamangia about 4.000 BC. The Thinker is much older than the Pyramid, for 1.000 – 1.500 years. Further, between Egypt and Romania there are thousands of kilometres as distance.